We haven’t done a Transpositions Tidbits post in a while, but that’s not for want of great links to share. We’re always on the look out for anything related to Theology, Imagination and the Arts and this list is only just scratching the surface!
- Makoto Fujimura’s “Letter to North American Churches” is a seriously thoughtful and beautifully written piece about the role of the Christian artist and their place within the church.
- For another Theology and the Arts blog, take a look at Lee Baker’s Vintage Thought.
- Caleb Roberts Genureflection. Caleb has an interview with Jeffrey Overstreet which might be of interest as well as one with Brett McCracken. Just in case you missed it, Elijah Wade Smith wrote a guest review on McCracken’s “Hipster Christianity” on Transpositions last week. If you are interested in Jeffrey Overstreet take a look at his site and blog called Looking Closer.
- Winner of the Christian New Media Award for best use of Rich new media was KoreUK. This site focuses on approaching culture and the arts as a Christian. Take a look for resources particularly for youth contexts.
- Text and Image: How Biblical Art Points us to Worship by Adam Carrington on Christ and Pop Culture about Art, worship and theology. Another recent CAPC post inciting lots of debate has been The Problem With the “What The *Bleep* Church” by Jason Morehead which explores a new generation of “seeker friendly” churches. As an aside, it was interesting to note that CAPC has said that posts with profanity coincides with large spikes in their visitor numbers.
- Christina Gibson reflects on the Imagination and Grace in a post titled Imagining Grace
- For a bit of fun, and a opportunity to reflect on Art, function, and freaking people out, check out this Boat that’s designed to look like it’s sinking out.
Do you have a blog, website, article or organisation that you would like us to feature on Tidbits? Just send us an email (see contact page above) and let us know!